30.3.20 - Reception - 3D Shapes
KLQ - How are 2D and 3d shapes similar/different?
30.3.20 - Nursery - 2D Shapes
• Beginning to use mathematical names for ‘solid’ 3D shapes and ‘flat’ 2D shapes, and mathematical terms to describe shapes.
• Selects a particular named shape.
Early Learning Goal (Expectation by the end of Reception)
They explore characteristics of everyday objects and shapes and use mathematical language to describe them.
23.3.20 - Reception - Halving and doubling -KLQs: What happens to a number when we double?
• Notices simple shapes and patterns in pictures.
• Beginning to categorise objects according to properties such as shape or size.
• Shows an interest in shape and space by playing with shapes or making arrangements with objects.
• Shows awareness of similarities of shapes in the environment.
• Shows interest in shape by sustained construction activity or by talking about shapes or arrangements.
• Shows interest in shapes in the environment.
• Uses shapes appropriately for tasks.
• Beginning to talk about the shapes of everyday objects, e.g. ‘round’ and ‘tall’
23.3.20 - Nursery - We have a big focus on number and we are learning all about numbers to 10.