- This will be updated by 9:00am each Friday morning with tasks for the week. These will be differentiated so that all children can access the learning at an appropriate level. Some subjects have levelled tasks. Children may choose the level which best meets their needs and work through the tasks and levels to increase the challenge and expand their knowledge. A child may choose to start on level 3 and work through to level 5, or start on 1 and work to 4- the choice is theirs!
- I will be accessible via DOJO for parental queries about the work set.
- Weekly activities will include: Mathletics (specifically assigned tasks); Readiwriter tasks; a different foundation subject focus each week (with some links to ‘writing’); book review (any format).
- All children are encouraged to learn a new skill whilst off and will be asked to demonstrate this on our return and can "vlog" their journey on DOJO
- Children should also be encouraged to study for a DREAM award which they will then complete on our return.
- Work must be uploaded to DOJO or emailed to class teacher by 4:30 pm each Thursday.
- Children will be awarded DOJO points for work completed.
Please ensure children are completing work to the same expectation required in school- particularly handwriting and full answers to questions. Thank You
Home Learning Resources From 1st June 2020
As outlined in our School plan, from 1st of June our home learning is going to look a little different. Below you will find an array of useful links to keep your child educated from home until they return to school. They can access these as freely as they wish and are encouraged to continue uploading to their dojo as they normally would! I look forward to seeing you all again very soon :)
Daily online lessons from the Oak National Academy www.thenational.academy
Instructions: Enter the classroom, click on schedule and choose the correct year group, choose the correct day of the week and click on each lesson to begin.
Daily learning activities on BBC Bitesize https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/dailylessons
Instructions: Click onto the correct age group and choose a lesson to begin.
Weekly lesson packs from Kirklees Education https://sites.google.com/kirkleeseducation.uk/covid-home-learning/home
Instructions: Click on year group and download work pack to print.
- Fun English Games: This website promotes children’s ability to debate. More suitable for Key Stage Two.
- Read for Good: On this website, children are able to create a short story that is fun and inspirational. From this, children can create extended adventures. This is suitable for all ages.
- ICT Games: This website has lots of exciting games for children who would like to practise their phonics and spelling of the high frequency words.
- Primary Homework Help: This brilliant resource covers many areas of English, such as spelling and phonics, reading, grammar, punctuation and writing for different text types
- https://www.pobble365.com This website has pictures to use to inspire writing.
- Top Marks: The Topmarks website is safe and used in schools around the country and is great for English activities for Key Stage Two. It has fun games and activities to complete to help learn about Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar.
- www.spellingframe.co.uk Click on 'Year 5 and 6' to practice a range of spelling rules.
- Grammar, punctuation and spelling: This BBC website has a range of activities to help with Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar activities for Key Stage Two.
- Crickweb: The Crickweb website is great for a range of English activities for Key Stage One and Two. There are a selection of fun and interactive Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar activities for Key Stage One and Two.
- Oxford Owl: Oxford Owl has lots of hints and tips for reading with your child at home. There is also access to a free eBook library of 250 books, along with suggestions for reading books and kid’s activities.
- Love Reading 4 Kids: A great link for news on new books, recommendations and emphasising the importance of books in our modern world, where so much is digital.
- Top Marks: This site has many links to some great reading activities including comprehension, deduction, fiction and non-fiction in a fun way.
- Audible: free audio books for children available form amazon
- BBC Bitesize - KS2These BBC Bitesize websites have a range of Maths activities for Key Stage One and Two. It has fun games and activities to complete to help learn about number, measure and geometry.
- Top Marks - The Topmarks website is safe and used in schools around the country for its great Maths activities. There are engaging games and interactive activities to help learn more about maths topics.
- Maths Zone - This website covers a lot of topics from our Maths lessons. It has great resources, activities and interactive questions to answer.
- Crickweb - This website is full of times tables questions and challenges so you can improve your speed!
If your child is self isolating please find their work to complete here. This can be uploaded to Dojo. If you need a physical copy please request this.
Children have been assigned mathletics tasks, readiwriter and a picture news task. Please continue to use links to the resources listed above to help support your children's learning and upload any completed work onto DOJO- including evidence of reading. Thank you :)