Emerging in the mid 1950s in Britain and late 1950s in America, pop art reached its peak in the 1960s. It began as a revolt against the dominant approaches to art and culture and traditional views on what art should be. Young artists felt that what they were taught at art school and what they saw in museums did not have anything to do with their lives or the things they saw around them every day. Instead they turned to sources such as Hollywood movies, advertising, product packaging, pop music and comic books for their imagery.
1. Name 2 primary colours
2. What is a tertiary colour?
3. What is the job of the retina in the eye?
4. When was Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber born?
5. Name one of Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber's productions.
6. What is 'Pop Art'?
7. What is so unique about Banksy?
8. Name this style of art
Dream Awards Programme Links