Our Mathematics ambitions...
We believe that all the children should enjoy and achieve in maths. We recognise that a high-quality maths education provides a firm foundation for understanding how maths is used in everyday life, developing pupils’ ability to reason mathematically.
We aim to:
- develop a positive, confident attitude towards maths
- develop an awareness of the relevance of maths in the real world
- develop an ability to solve problems and think logically to work systematically and accurately
- enable children be resilient, working independently and in cooperation with others
- provide maths lessons that are engaging, interactive and well-resourced
Organising our Maths Curriculum
Below you will find our Federation Maths long term overview. This has been designed to meet the combination of year groups in our classes and allows the teachers to ensure all our children are following a well considered sequence of learning, on their own age appropriate mathematical journey. Class teachers will provide more detailed information about what your child will be learning each half term in the shared curriculum newsletters.
We base our planning and teaching approaches using the guidance and resources from the White Rose Maths scheme, and make the necessary adaptations and building of small steps of learning that our children need to become confident and competent mathematicians. We also use a range of other resources to support the knowledge and skills your child will build over their time at the Rawcliffe Federation - such as Times Tables Rockstars and Number Sense. We hold regular maths information workshop sessions - to support you to help your child with their mathematical learning at home and please do not hesitate to chat to class teachers if you need any further advice or support too.